Rome Journal

Andrew moves to Italy. Hilarity ensues.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

our animal friends

I've been super-busy with work lately, so haven't had time to commit to blogdom any of the delicacies of Italian cuisine I've been enjoying, the fantastic adventures in Etruscanland that have been occupying my days. (Let alone the hours spent in the library, researching the next lecture. Woo!)

Still, I want to share a picture of one of the turtles that lives in the Centro garden. He (she? it? what do you expect me to do, turn it over and check?) has a fellow-turtle, who mostly stays hidden, and has to share the fountain with a school of ill-tempered goldfish. Sometimes the turtle hides underwater or paddles around, but when it's sunny out, you can see it chillin' on this rock above the pool:



On a hot day, who could ask for better? A nice mossy rock to sit on, sunlight filtering through the trees, a jet of water shooting up your tuchis: this must be something close to turtle paradise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite possibly the cutest turtle I have ever seen! I am disappointed that Andy won't turn the turtle over to see if it is Tanya Turtle or Tyson Turtle. Here's a way to combine your animal/food entries....how about Italian turtle recepies?

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home