Rome Journal

Andrew moves to Italy. Hilarity ensues.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

sweeter sweetness

Just a very short post today, because I'm super-tired: went for a long walk around the centro storico and tried to hit as many churches as I could. If you're sufficiently motivated, you can see a lot of churches in a morning, and a lot of church art: a Caravaggio here, a Raphael there, and before you know it, bam! it's afternoon, and you need some gelato and maybe a lie-down.

The first, at least, was completely doable: Gelateria San Crispino. Spitting distance from the hordes at the Trevi Fountain, and another of the famousest gelaterie in the city. Lampone was every bit as good as Giolitti's, and the San Crispino (cream and honey) a nice complement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,

Just want you to know that I'm seriously jealous about all this gelato-eatin' you're doing, but I did make a to-die-for chocolate mousse cake yesterday, so I'm able to suck it up and read about your adventures today.

Take care.

Alex Galt

9:04 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hi Alex,

Chocolate mousse cake sounds pretty good too. Tell you what: stick a piece in the mail for me, and I'll send you a couple of scoops from Da Pancrazio. It'll travel, right?

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home