Rome Journal

Andrew moves to Italy. Hilarity ensues.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

in bocca al lupo!

Only five days left, and it's time to face the fact that I never got around to stripping the layers of rust encrusted around my mad Italian skillz. Which isn't to say that I haven't gotten any practice, just that I've tended to emphasize less useful aspects of Italian. The details of the future tense or the definite article? Not so much. But I do know how to say
stanno appiccionati uno a l'altro: "they're all over each other", and
Ci vedo poco chiaro: "There's something fishy here."

Which might be more useful for The Real World: Rome than for the Centro...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crepi il lupo! -es

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry for your Italian, normally we try to understand every kind of language ;)

Let me know if you need help... I live in Rome.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home